JP Collins is an accomplished User Experience (Ux) designer with extensive understanding and focus on Interactive Design (IxD), Information Architecture (IA) and Ux writing.
|Contact JP Collins: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|JP Collins is an accomplished User Experience (Ux) designer with extensive understanding and focus on Interactive Design (IxD), Information Architecture (IA) and Ux writing.|
|Skill sets and Experience||Leadership Skills||Technology|
– Concept Development
– Flow Charts
– Wire Frames
– Persona Development
– Interaction Design
– Information Architecture
– Visual Design
– Creative Collaboration
– Client Consultation
– Proposal Writing
– Art Direction
– Adobe Illustrator
– Adobe InDesign
– Adobe Fireworks
– Adobe Photoshop
– Omni Graffle
Information Architect, Independent ContractorRocket Central/Rocket Mortgage – Remote
– Responsible for supporting team members and product managers across channels with charts, maps and product development workshop facilitation.
– Developed work flows, experience maps, journey maps, and other charts for ideation, synthesis and affinity mapping.
– Led workshops for product development.
– Worked with product managers, design teams and researchers to identify and document changes for internal and customer facing products.
|September 2021 — April 2022|
Freelance Consultant – Content Marketing and Customer ExperienceProviding consulting for online and IRL customer experience, content creation (copy, photography, video content) and creative direction to clients wishing to attract more customers through a variety of marketing platforms including their own marketing collateral and campaigns.
|September 2018 – March 2020|
Experience Architect – Omni Channel, Independent ContractorU.S. Bank – San Francisco, CA
Designed interaction for a new cross-channel, customer-facing product.
– Provided consulting and feedback for existing prototype after joining the team.
– Reviewed and evaluated findings from prototype testing.
– Led discussions on strategy and direction of product.
– Developed wireframes and workflows.
– Reviewed artifacts and direction with product team.
|April 2017 – December 2017|
Sr. Interaction Designer, Independent ContractorCharles Schwab – San Francisco, CA
Responsible for supporting partners and business owners in multiple product channels through documentation deliverables including:
– Visual Design support for UI standards and documentation
Worked with product owners, Ux team members and other stakeholders in designing, developing and improving new and existing products for schwab.com
|November 2015 – November 2016|
Senior Ux Designer, Independent ContractorWells Fargo Wholesale Internet Solutions – San Francisco, CA
Responsible for visualizing and implementing an experience for products and content screens on the Wells Fargo CEO (Commercial Electronic Office) portal. including:
– Interaction design
– Page Layout
– Team project coordination
Worked with producers, content developers, product managers and other stakeholders in designing, developing and improving new and existing products for the Self Administration and UAM portions of the CEO portal.
|September 2014 – August 2015|
Assistant Director-User Experience DesignerMoody’s Analytics – San Francisco, CA
Responsible for visualizing and implementing experiences for products and content screens on moodys.com including:
– Interaction and Interactive Environments
– Page Layout
– Persona Development
– Data Visualization
Worked with product strategists, product managers and other stakeholders in designing, developing and improving new and existing products for moodys.com.
|January 2012 – March 2014|
Senior Information ArchitectWalmart Global eCommerce/Sam’s Club – Brisbane, CA
Designed and developed site-wide architecture page-level architecture through flowcharts and wireframes including content notation and interface elements. Worked directly with internal business owners and stakeholders to identify and document changes for upcoming releases. Served as consultant and advisor between agency vendors and Sam’s Club leadership team for upcoming site redesign and new product releases and site improvements.
– Developed wireframes, workflows and related documents
– Liaised with multiple departments for new product design and development.
– Led direction of membership content for two Sam’s Club product releases.
|March 2011 – October 2011|
Self-Employed ConsultantPylon Studios – San Francisco, CA
Designed, Produced and Executed client projects in the roll of: User Experience Designer, Information Architect, Graphic Designer, Project Manager and Consultant.
– Hired contractors
– Managed projects & client expectations
– Wrote proposals, invoices and sales collateral
– Problem solving
– Time management
– Project time/cost evaluation and estimation
– Harper One (Imprint of Harper Collins)
– Apple Inc.
– Blue & Gold Fleet
|February 2001- August 2010|
EducationSan Francisco State University
B.A. in Art with emphasis in Conceptual Design and Painting Graduated December 1995, Magna Cum Laude
Although the Conceptual Design department at San Francisco State University was part of the fine art program it provided a foundation in Information Design, User Experience and Interface Design through conceptual art practices combined with new technologies.